Tuesday, December 2, 2008

here and queer

I am a human being. I love like you love. I deserve to speak. I deserve to be a visible member of this campus. I deserve to have my administration visibly in support of my community. I deserve to say who I am. To speak my truth. I deserve to walk into the LGBT center without fear that other students will see me. I deserve to have a presence as an LGBT student. I am a human being.

So many ideas running through my mind for this upcoming year. In such a political time, there are so many open doors for us. I want to create an atmosphere for first year LGBT students that says: We as a campus and as an LGBT community are honored and excited to have you just as you are. I want future students to have a better first-year experience than I had--to feel at home sooner than I did. BDU can do this, can persistently work for this.

I look forward to reading this blog. It's scary to feel alone and I hope that sharing experiences and thoughts will alow for a safe place of community.

Silo is always open for questions :) so please don't hesitate to email me

<3 Silo

No comments:

Post a Comment